The Middle North library is available for students’ school work and quiet reading. The following rules are in place for the good of all students and staff.
MSN Library Hours:
Morning: Monday – Friday: 7:15 a.m. – 7:30 a.m.
After School: Monday – Thursday: 2:10 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Friday: 2:10 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Before and After School Environment at MSN Library:
- Students will be asked to check into the library with their ID’s and they will receive a Library Pass. The library is able to accommodate a maximum of 35-40 students.
- We have ten computers available. All STUDENT PRINTING should be for class work only.
- Since we have limited computers it is essential students learn to manage their time for school projects that are due.
- Students are welcome to the library to utilize the computers and resources in alignment with their school projects.
- Students are expected to behave in a courteous and respectful manner to other students and staff while working in the library.
- We promote a QUIET atmosphere and if you are working in a group setting we will ask you to work in a designated area not to distract others.
- Students are expected to remain in the library after school unless they have an appointment with a teacher or scheduled club or sport.
- They may leave to go home at anytime after school after finishing their school work.
- There is no FOOD or DRINK allowed in the library.
- No cellular devices will be utilized in the library. If a student needs to contact a parent or a parent is contacting them they may use the library phone (847) 990-4433.
** Due to the necessity of some planned school functions and meetings, the library may be
closed on some dates.
- Students will utilize their Student ID to check out a book.
- Check out is 3 weeks and they are able to RENEW the due date on the books.
- A 10 cents a day fine will be incurred for books which are overdue with a maximum of $2.00. Afterwards, a students library privileges will be limited.
- All LOST or DAMAGED books will be the responsibility of the student.