As the weather gets colder, please remember that morning supervision at MN does not begin until 7:15. Students will have no supervision and will have to wait outside until the doors open if they arrive earlier. Please plan your morning accordingly.
MN staff got together to decorate pumpkins. Thank you to the social committee for planning this fun for us!
Mrs. Ring and Mrs. Stahl’s advisory’s are making homemade holiday cards for our troops overseas in conjunction with Michaels Arts and Craft store. This project fits in with our community service/leadership advisory theme.
Middle North’s own Lauren and Payton did a great job at the state meet Saturday! It was amazing to see the fastest runners in Illinois racing together with Payton and Lauren in the front group. On top of that, Payton finished in 18th place with a time of 12:14 (over 2 miles). Put simply, that is an awesome achievement. Here are a few pics of the day.
The Sew What Club is in the first stages of making Halloween lanterns! If you would like to join Sew What for the next project stay tuned to the news!
The following students have been accepted into the IMEA District 7 Honors Band, Orchestra, and Chorus:
- Joey A.
- Darby B.
- Sage B.
- Anya C.
- Ariel C.
- Ceci G.
- Lauren G.
- Lou H.
- Tony H.
- Scott H.
- Chris H.
- Iris H.
- Karl K.
- Morgan K.
- Gosia K.
- Abby K.
- Alyssa L.
- Adam L.
- Lily M.
- Hannah M.
- Amanda P.
- Breena S.
- Sheri V.
- Kaitlyn Z.
They will be taking part in the IMEA Junior Festival at Wauconda High School on Saturday November 2. This will include and afternoon concert. All are welcomed and encouraged to attend!!!
Hawthorn will test the Emergency Message System on the evening of Sunday, October 27th.
El domingo, 27 de octubre por la tarde Hawthorn pondrá a prueba el sistema de mensajes de emergencia.
The message will go to the phone, email and text messages you selected through the PowerSchool website. If you do not set preferences, the message will go to the student home phone number provided at registration.
Please see the main Dist. 73 website for information about managing your emergency messages through the Power School Website.
If school will be closed due to snow or other emergencies, Hawthorn will communicate in several ways:
- We will send a recorded message to the home phone number on file for each student, unless a parent modifies that request.
- We will post information on the District website www.hawthorn73.org
- We will send information to www.emergencyclosings.com, which in turn sends information to local radio and TV stations.
Información general sobre el Sistema de Notificación de Hawthorn Si la escuela estará cerrada debido al mal tiempo u otra emergencia, Hawthorn se comunicará de varias maneras:
- Le enviaremos un mensaje grabado al número de teléfono en el expediente de cada estudiante, a menos que un padre decida modificar esa solicitud (vea información a la izquierda).
- Publicaremos información en el sitio web del Distrito, www.hawthorn73.org.
- Enviaremos información a www.emergencyclosings.com cual a su vez la envía a la radio y televisión local.
Red Ribbon Week kicks off on Wed., Oct. 23rd, and ends on Halloween! You can get your schedule here: