Meet the Principal
Welcome to Hawthorn Middle School North!
At Hawthorn Middle School North, it is our mission to meet the needs of all students…cognitively and socially.
What does Mr. Collins believe in?
All students will be challenged in a safe and positive environment.
I encourage parents and guardians to contact their child’s teacher at anytime throughout the year. Parents and guardians are always welcome to contact my office or the office of Jenna Stern, Assistant Principal. This is an exciting time for students at Hawthorn Middle School North. I encourage and challenge students to get involved in the many extra-curricular activities Hawthorn School District 73 has to offer.
Most importantly, I expect that all students take pride in their schoolwork. Students are always welcome to meet with their teachers. Whether it is for extra help in a subject area or to have discussions on how to raise personal expectations in and out of the classroom, students are encouraged to collaborate with ALL staff members.
Welcome to Hawthorn Middle School North! Go Eagles!
Robert J. Collins
Hawthorn Middle School North
Information about Robert Collins:
- Before coming to Hawthorn 73, Mr. Collins taught high school for 15 years and served as the fine arts/social science department chair
- 2018 Lake County Principal of the Year
- Degrees from Millikin University and Concordia University (Adm.ED.MA)
- Performs with the Chicago Chamber Choir, Bass Section Leader, Board of Directors
- Illinois Principals Association
- National Association of School Principals
- Association for Middle Level Education-Guest Speaker at 2016 National Conference Austin TX
- Illinois Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development
- National Association of Gifted Students
- International Reading Association
- American Association of School Personnel Administrators
- National Association of Special Education Teachers