September 08, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians:
Thank you for your partnership as we kicked-off this school year! We greatly appreciate the extra effort and time you are devoting to help us with Remote Learning!
This email is to provide you with information for our upcoming Curriculum Night.
- Curriculum Night:
- Tuesday, September 15th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., live via Zoom Room links.
- The purpose is to share expectations, curricula, and further our school-to-home connections with families. We are a team (school personnel, students, and parents/guardians) working together to support student learning.
- Curriculum Night Schedule:
- Please click here for the Curriculum Night schedule.
- Parents/Guardians will need to do the following:
- In an effort to promote security, please use your student’s Hawthorn issued device to attend our virtual curriculum night. If that is not possible, please be sure to change your Zoom account name to your child’s name. Please note, staff will not permit unknown Zoom accounts to enter their Zoom Room.
- Please utilize your ParentPortal account if you need to access your student’s “A day and B day” schedule. This schedule will provide you with teacher names and courses your student attends.
- Please access the Schedule Template with Zoom Room links and teacher names for your student’s grade-level and team. This is the template your child uses each day to access his/her teacher’s Zoom Room. If you need this template again, please reach out to your student’s advisory teacher.
- Using your student’s “A day and B day” schedule and the Schedule Template with Zoom Room links, please join your student’s teacher’s Zoom Room link according to the time, class, and PowerSchool expression, listed on the Curriculum Night schedule that is linked above.
- Your student should attend the event too!
- Time is tight – please be sure to stick to the schedule!
If you have questions or need assistance, please call the Middle School North main office at 847-990-4400.
Robert J Collins-Principal
Jenna Stern-Assistant Principal