https://msn.hawthorn73.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/mn-logo2.png 0 0 dierbeckc https://msn.hawthorn73.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/mn-logo2.png dierbeckc2020-09-11 09:43:482020-09-11 09:43:51MSN Parent Communication 9/11/2020
Dear Parents and Guardians:
We hope this email finds you and your family doing well.
Here are reminders and updates:
- Students are expected to attend all Zoom Room classes on their schedule each day. If your child is not able to attend a class, please call the main office at 847-990-4400 to report an absence.
- Curriculum Night:
- September 15th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. virtually via Zoom
- Please click here for information that was shared on 09/08/2020. Additionally, the information is posted on Middle School North’s webpage.
- Early Release Day:
- Thursday, September 17th, 2020, is an Early Release Day. Please click here for the Early Release Day schedule. Please note, September 17th is an “A” day and student attendance hours are from 7:40 a.m. to 11:10 a.m.
- Take-Home Bags:
- Student take-home bags are ready to be picked up on Monday, September 21st.
- Here is the schedule for 09/21/2020:
- 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. – Open to any
- 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – Student last names A – E
- 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Student last names F – L
- 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Open to any
- 1:00 p.m to 2:30 p.m. – Student last names M – R
- 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Student last names S – Z
- 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. – Open to any
- Please click here and follow the traffic pattern that is in yellow.
- Please write your student’s name and grade on a piece of paper. Ensure it is written large enough for a staff member to read through your vehicle window. You will place this paper in your window for the staff to see.
- NWEA Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) FALL Assessment:
- Please be sure to review the information shared via email by Dr. Art Abrego regarding MAP.
- The Fall MAP assessment will be administered as follows:
- September 21st (A Day) – 8th grade Reading (9:20 a.m. to 10:40 a.m.)
- September 22nd (B Day) – 8th grade Mathematics (9:20 a.m. to 10:40 a.m)
- September 23rd (A Day) – 7th grade Reading (11:20 a.m. to 12:40 p.m.)
- September 24th (B Day) – 7th grade Mathematics (11:20 a.m. to 12:40 p.m)
- September 29th (B Day) – 6th grade Reading (8:10 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.)
- September 30th (A Day) – 6th grade Mathematics (8:10 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.)
- Teachers will be sharing more information regarding MAP soon. Please be on the lookout for an email from your child’s teacher by 3:00 p.m. on September 14th.
- Do you need help?:
- Please reach out to your child’s teachers.
- Please reach out to us.
- Visit the Middle School North website by click here.
- Call our main office at 847-990-4400.
- Families needing technology support before, during, or after the school day are
encouraged to access our Student Technology FAQ. Families may also contact our Instructional Technology Department at email@example.com or 847-990-4239. Families may wish to bookmark or print our technology support flyer.
- A Zoom Home Help Guide is available for families in English and Español.
- Please consider following us on Twitter @ Hawthornmiddlenorth73
Robert J Collins – Principal
Jenna Stern – Assistant Principal