Placement testing for all Mundelein High School incoming freshmen will occur on Saturday October 17th, 2015. Because the Explore test has been retired by the College Board, MHS will use the STAR test through Renaissance Learning as a placement exam. Students will take two online exams: 60 minute math and a 60 minute English/Reading test. Since the STAR assessments will be administered on a desktop computer, students will be assigned to one of three testing slots on test day. The time slots will be communicated to each student through a letter home.
• Date: Saturday, October 17th
• Location: Mundelein High School
• Time: One of 3 testing slots 7:45-10:30 am, 10:15 am-12:30 pm, or 1:15-3:15 pm
• What to bring: Since the assessment is online, students do not need to bring anything. An online calculator pops up on the computer during the test when problems call for it.
• What not to bring: Students may not bring food or drinks (other than water) into the testing room. Please have your student eat a healthy breakfast on testing day.
• Where to go: Enter at the main student entrance. Students will see an alphabetical list with student names and room locations. There will be MHS students and staff members available to assist students with room locations.
• What if I can’t make it?: Please contact Jan Ness, Administrative Assistant to the Curriculum Director, at 848-949-2200 x1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a make-up test.
• Want to learn more about the STAR assessment?: Parent overview: http://www.renaissance.com/Resources/Parents